ECMeetings is a Destination Management Company offering a full event management service from conception, planning, operation and post-event support. It has been operating for 20 years with offices in Malta and Portugal. Recently the company has added its own virtual conferencing platform Evowk to its portfolio and is on the forefront to organise live, virtual and hybrid events for a wide customer base locally and overseas.
We are looking to expand our team of dedicated and passionate international Event Professionals and are looking for a highly motivated Events Manager.
· Direct all his/her efforts towards revenue generating activities in line with the company’s business plan.
· Maximize sales productivity by ensuring that optimal selling techniques are used within each context.
· Conception, generate quotations, liaise with other colleagues and close off sales in a courteous and expeditious manner.
· Assist in operational planning, formulation and implementation of a creative and profitable events programme within the company.
· Co-ordinate logistical arrangements for confirmed events.
· Organize and accompany inspection visits and/or familiarisation visits around the islands.
· Ensure that prevailing quality standards are maintained at all times.
· Perform effectively within a team environment and foster a sense of teamwork among colleagues and other ECM staff.
· Assist in the day-to-day running of the organisation.
· Form very good professional relationships with service providers and negotiate favourable rates with approved external suppliers.
Ideal skills and traits:
· Previous experience in a similar position will be considered an asset
· Strong problem-solving and organization skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work within a deadline driven environment
· Knowledge of Malta, its geography and venues will be considered an asset
· Strong communication skills in written and verbal English and preferably one other European language
· Self-motivated, confident and attention to detail
· Proficiency in IT
· Independent but still able to work well in a team environment
The individual would work in a team and would be expected to achieve results both on an individual level as well as on a team basis.
An Events Manager may be expected from time to time to attend travel fairs and business trips to promote the company, whenever necessary.
Due to the nature of the business we require the individual to be flexible and be available to work outside normal working hours as required.
To apply please contact Mr. David Spiteri on email@example.com