An annual conference & product launch for senior sales managers.
For the past 5 years ECMeetings has been organising the conference and product launch for the annual sales meeting for all senior sales managers from CMD EMEA region and the America's leadership team. During the annual conference week Thermo Fisher Scientific launches laboratory products to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Previous conference destinations included Malta in 2017, Marid in 2018, Lisbon in 2019, Rome in 2020, a virtual edition on Evowk and Athens in 2022. The edition in Athens took place as a hybrid event with 500 delegates attending in-person and 150 delegates attending online.
The main challenge of organising the event was related to the Covid-19 pandemic and the uncertainty of how, when and in which format the event could take place. During the detailed planning process there were many changes, event postponements and fluctuation in suppliers with key people leaving the events industry in the course of the pandemic.
Postponing the event by a few months and offering a hybrid event solution was key to making the event accessible to all participants. The InterContinental Atheneum in Athens was the main conference hotel with additional accommodation booked at the Grand Hyatt Athens.
ECMeetings project managed the event with four event managers on site and coordinated the following logistics and programme:
- Sat 7th May – Pre-group arrivals
- Sun 8th May – Pre-group arrivals transfers to the hotels, check-in at the hotels, followed by Leadership and Management sessions, evening VIP dinner and evening group dinner at the hotel.
- Mon 9th May – Main travel day with meet & greet at the airport, transfers to the hotels, check-in at the hotels, followed by lunch and a late afternoon opening plenary with the launch of new products. A welcome dinner was served at the hotel.
- Tues 10th May – Full day plenary with 30 breakout sessions, followed by an early evening cocktail reception with women at Thermo Fisher Scientific. During the evening an exhibition took place with 23 booths, games and a networking reception.
- Weds 11th May – Full day plenary and breakout sessions, followed by an early cocktail reception with Thermo Fisher Scientific leaders. In the evening a dine around was organised in 9 restaurants in Athens centre and Athens Riviera. During the dinner the exhibition was dismantled.
- Thurs 12th May – Half day plenary with breakout sessions, followed by an afternoon visit of Athens for all participants. In the evening the gala dinner and awards ceremony was hosted at the hotel.
- Fri 13th May – Half day meeting sessions, lunch, and departures
- Sat 14th May and Sun 15th May - Late departures
- Chauffeur services and transportation management
- Conference staff and hostesses
- Accommodation at InterContinental Atheneum Athens and Grand Hyatt Athens
- Main meeting room set up
- Break out rooms set up
- Exhibition set up
- Gala Dinner event production and entertainment
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Live streaming equipment
- Hybrid event – virtual customized platform
- Technical operation staff
- Event furniture
- Branding materials and print supplies
- Food and Beverage services
- Daily delegate packages
- Branding materials
- Print supplies
- Tailored city excursion
- Customized room gifts
“Well the dust is settling now, and it’s a new era, thanks to you, Peter and our Dream Team for making the magic happen. What an incredible event. In my 9 years doing these events at Thermo Fisher Scientific, this stands head and shoulders above the rest for the pure magic, the upbeat teamwork, collaborative spirit, and incredible outcome.
These events are meant to motivate and inspire, and I reckon we did our job there. “
Karen Jones PhD, EMEA Marketing Director
Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry, Thermo Fisher Scientific