Annual Conference & Exhibition.
ECMeetings has been organising the conference and exhibition for the annual meeting for 650-1000 sales representatives and suppliers from EMEA region for a number of years. Previous conference destinations included Malta in 2015, Malta 2016, Greece 2017, Malta in 2018, Poland in 2019, Spain in 2020 and a virtual edition on Evowk in 2021 and 2022.
The event involves detailed logistical planning with multiple, simultaneous set ups and venues, extensive technical requirements, a large exhibition, awards ceremony, CSR team building activities, networking sessions, food and beverage, dine arounds, entertainment and transport management.
In January 2018 Malta was chosen as an event destination for the third time, due to its diversity of conference hotels, large venues, good and short flight connections from all major European hubs and its mild climate in the winter months.
The Dolmen Resort Hotel & Spa in St. Paul’s Bay was the main conference hotel, accommodating 500 delegates and the main meeting and exhibition facilities. Additional meeting rooms and 250 delegates were accommodated in the adjacent San Antonio Hotel. The Malta Fairs and Convention Centre (MFCC) was chosen as the venue for the main event.
ECMeetings project managed the event from start to finish and coordinated the following logistics and programme:
- Thurs 18th Jan – Arrival of staff and crew
- Fri 19th Jan – Set-up of plenary, meeting rooms and exhibition
- Sat 20th Jan – Arrival of staff and crew, set-up of MFCC and outdoor conference branding for both hotels
- Sun 21st Jan – Arrival of delegates, meet and greet at the airport, transportation, check-in and registration, followed by meetings. In the evening three management dinners took place at the de Mondion Restaurant, Meridiana Wine Estate and Pepe Nero.
- Mon 22nd Jan – Half day plenary, multiple breakout sessions and exhibition at both hotels. In the afternoon the 750 attendees were accompanied to the MFCC for a CSR team building activity, followed by a Welcome Reception Dinner for the suppliers at La Nave at the Malta National Aquarium.
- Tues 23rd Jan – Full day plenary, multiple breakout sessions and exhibition at both hotels. In the evening a dinner for 380 guests was held at the Bacchus Restaurant in the Medieval city of Mdina.
- Weds 25th Jan – Full day plenary, multiple breakout sessions and exhibition at both hotels. In the evening four restaurants were exclusively booked for dine arounds.
- Thurs 26th Jan – Half day plenary, multiple breakout sessions and exhibition at both hotels, followed by a tour of the capital city of Valletta. In the evening a cocktail reception was hosted for 100 delegates at the Malta Aviation Museum, followed by the main event at MFCC. The main event is an awards ceremony, a gala dinner and an after party.
- Fri 27th Jan – Dismantling of all set-ups and departures
- Chauffeur services and transportation management
- Conference staff and hostesses
- Accommodation at The Dolmen Resort Hotel & Spa and San Antonio Hotel
- Main meeting room set up
- Break out rooms set up
- Exhibition set up
- Gala Dinner event production and entertainment
- Audio visual equipment
- Technical operation staff
- Event furniture
- Branding materials and print supplies
- Food and beverage services
- Daily delegate packages
- Tailored city excursion
- Customized room gifts
- Personalized awards
- Safety and security
"ECMeetings has provided a service that has gone above and beyond anything I could have anticipated, and exceeded the service I have received from any other European DMC Partner."
Emily Quinton, Thermo Fisher Scientific